Order of the Minister of Internal Affairs
Of the Republic of Kazakhstan
On February 10, 2011 № 62
Department of Operational Planning
Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan
1. General Provisions
1.. The Department of Operational Planning (hereinafter - the Department) is an independent department of the central apparatus of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter - the Ministry of Internal Affairs), providing planners and activities of internal affairs for mobilization preparedness, mitigation of natural and man-made disasters, as well as interagency cooperation on the management of complex forces and means of public bodies of the threat and crisis situations.
2. The work of the Department is ruled by the Constitution, laws and international treaties ratified by the Republic of Kazakhstan and other normative legal acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan and these Regulations.
3. The Department carries out its activities in cooperation with units of the MIA, law enforcement and other government agencies.
4. The structure and staffing of the Department shall be approved by the Minister.
5. Paperwork in the Department is conducted by themselves in due course.
6. The Department has established sample stamps with the name in the official language.
2. The main objectives of the Department:
7. The main objectives of the Department are:
1) Monitoring, forecasting and identifying threats to public safety, factors and conditions of crisis situations;
2) Increasing the combat and operational readiness of the BIA, effectiveness of integrated capabilities for special operations, as well as complications of the operational environment;
3) Promotion activities, and if necessary, the deployment of the National headquarters for coordinating the activities of state bodies of the Republic of Kazakhstan to ensure public safety threat and crisis situations;
4) To evaluate the readiness of special forces "Sunkar" MIA, "Arlan" DIA of Astana and Almaty cities and regions to participate in special operations;
5) Together with the HR Department organization of training, preparation and training staff of the Department of Special Forces "Sunkar" MIA, "Arlan" DIA of Astana , Almaty, areas for training bases Ministry of Internal Affairs, Ministry of Defense, the National Security Committee, the Presidential Security Service Republic of Kazakhstan and abroad;
6) Organization of civil defense, mobilization preparation and mobilization of BIA;
7) To ensure interoperability and exchange of information with the Anti-Terrorism Centre of the National Security of the Republic of Kazakhstan on combating terrorism within the competence of the Interior.
3. The main functions of the Department
8. The main functions of the Department are:
1) Continuous monitoring of the socio -political situation in the country, build, organize and analyze information on the factors and conditions of threats to crisis situations;
2) Rapid assessment, development and submission of proposals on the need to involve complex of forces and means of the authorized state bodies under threat and crisis situations;
3) The planning and organization of the internal affairs bodies and internal troops and the threat of a crisis;
4) development of regulations governing the activities of the Department, common special operational plans and other policy documents on the organization of internal affairs bodies and internal troops in emergency situations, as well as the introduction of a state of emergency or martial law in conjunction with the services of the Interior Ministry, if necessary the state authorities;
5) ensure the monitoring readiness of the forces and means of the Interior to carry out tasks in emergency situations, as well as the introduction of a state of emergency or martial law;
6) Coordination between police and Interior Ministry troops in special operations, as well as complications of the operational environment, emergency and introduction of a state of emergency or martial law;
7) The adoption of measures to ensure the smooth operation of the internal affairs in the period of mobilization and wartime sustainability of their operation and the threat of an emergency situation;
8) Organization of measures to transfer the bodies of internal affairs in high alert to repel aggression, and operational and service readiness for emergencies in time of peace;
9) Developing a plan of civil defense and mobilization plan MIA;
10) together with units of MIA to ensure the effective functioning of the replacement (mobile) control points, the creation and maintenance of reserves (reserves) of material and technical resources for the mobilization and deployment in emergency situations;
11) Coordination between MIA, DIA and the Ministry of education institutions during the republican military-economic doctrines and command post exercises for the prevention and elimination of emergency situations;
12) Involved in the development and implementation functions of the BIA to participate in the liquidation of consequences of natural and man-made disasters with the services of MIA within their competence;
13) Planning and carrying out activities to ensure the civil defense system and combat service training;
14) The development and implementation of measures to prepare for evacuation and dispersal of employees, assets of the BIA during the mobilization measures, the threat of disaster management;
15) The organization of work of the Commission for Emergency Situations of the Ministry of Internal Affairs;
16) Together with the Committee of Internal Forces ensuring control over the organization of the selection, study and conduct special training recruits for the Internal Troops, as well as sending teams of recruits from the collection points for the Departments of Defense;
17) Together with the HR Department carry out the reservation for military service, working in the MIA;
18) Participated in the development of draft regulations on preparedness and civil defense;
19) The development and laying packets of control signals to the OCC and the duty of the law enforcement bodies;
20) Provision of training of police officers in the Republican leadership training courses in the field of emergency and civil defense courses of professional development for the mobilization bodies, as well as the trainings organized by international organizations on issues related to the competence of the Department;
21) The organization of interaction with special purpose entities "Sunkar" MIA, "Arlan" DIA of Astana, Almaty, areas within the competence of the Department;
22) The collection and compilation of the information received by the authorities of the Interior reports of a bomb scare and the actions taken by the responses.
4. Department Privileges
9. In order to fulfill the main objectives and implementation of assigned functions within the purview of the Department has the right to:
1) to request and receive from the authorities, departments, government agencies and organizations subordinate to the MIA of Education documents, references and other materials necessary to perform their duties;
2) to send staff to participate in meetings, seminars, held in MIA and other government agencies;
3) to engage in the prescribed manner for the development of administrative decisions related professionals MIA, DIA, the state sub- agencies and education organizations of MIA.
10. Exercise within the competence of the Ministry of Internal Affairs to the other rights of the functions assigned to it.